Please read the following and do contact us if you have any queries at all. We will do our best to be flexible and to accommodate any requests.
Once a booking has been confirmed, a Contract has been entered into. The person whose name appears on the Booking Form agrees to take full responsibility for ensuring that all the following Conditions of Let are adhered to by all members of the party.
By completing your booking procedure you and your Guests agree:
1. To limit the number of people occupying the property to that stated in the brochure or website, unless by prior consent with the owner.
2. To pay a deposit on booking, with the balance payable 4 weeks before the start of the holiday. If a booking is made less than 4 weeks before the start of the holiday the full rent is payable at the time of booking. Failure to pay any rental charges will result in the owner treating the property as available for re-letting.
3. To accept that a completed booking agreed by both parties is a binding contract and that any subsequent amendments must be agreed by both parties in writing.
4. To notify any cancellation in writing and pay any monies due. If the accommodation is re-let at the full rate, a full refund, less a discretionary administration fee, will be made. If not re-let then no refund will be made. To safeguard against cancellation charges or other unforeseen eventualities cancellation insurance should be considered.
5. To accept that should the property, subsequent to booking, become unavailable through any cause, the owner’s liability is limited to the repayment of any rent already paid.
6. To accept that no pets are permitted in the property or on the farm at any time (unless otherwise agreed with the owners prior to booking) - guide dogs are the only exception. To keep guide dog(s) under strict control at all times and to accept liability for any damage caused. Animal hairs must be removed from carpets and dogs are not allowed onto the furniture. Any fouling in the gardens should be cleared.
7. To accept that the responsibility for personal property of guests occupying the accommodation is solely theirs. All vehicles are also left at the guests’ risk. Also guests agree to absolve the Property Owner of any responsibility for any accident or mishap to persons or property whilst on the premises or whilst engaged in any activity therein, or from any illness or injury arising from any cause whatsoever.
8. To use the property solely as self-catering accommodation and to accept the owner’s right to refuse to hand over the property to any person deemed unsuitable to take charge.
9. Nuisance or disturbance to neighbours or unreasonable behaviour by any member of the party may result in the owners asking guests to leave with immediate effect. Examples of such behaviour may include breaches of hot tub rules (see point 19 below), damage occurring to the property and loud and/or unruly behaviour.
10. To allow the owners or agents access to the property at all reasonable times.
11. To be responsible for shutting and locking all exterior doors and windows and securing the property when absent.
12. To respect and look after their accommodation during their stay and to leave the property clean and tidy, with full inventory. Also to take responsibility for minimising any fire risk. Electricity and heating should be run at the minimum level required, particularly when not present at the property.
13. To reimburse the owner for any breakages, loss or damage, other than those due to fair wear and tear. Also to accept the owner’s discretionary charge of £20 for extra cleaning if the property has been left untidy.
14. To agree not to sub-let or re-assign the property to another person or persons without the owners’ permission.
15. To vacate the property by 11.00 am on the final day of the let, unless otherwise agreed with the owners. Failure to vacate promptly may incur a minimum penalty charge of £80. Guest arrival time is from 15.00 hrs until 20:00 hrs, unless otherwise agreed with the owners.
16. No smoking, candles or naked flames are permitted in the property.
17. The property let is to be used for the purposes of a holiday let to which Section12 (2) and paragraph 8 of Schedule 4 of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988 apply. The booking agreement confers a right to occupy the accommodation for the agreed period only.
18. Accompany/supervise children at all times. Harpercroft is a working farm with many animals and items of farm machinery.
19. To adhere to the rules outlined in the Hot Tub Care Guide. This will be forwarded to you in advance of your stay. Compliance with the rules therein are a condition of us accepting your booking, failure to do so will result in removal of this service and the possibility that we will invoke clause 9 above.
20. All bookings made online are provisional until confirmed by the Owner.